Director, Learning and Development (Flexible)
As the Director, Learning Development, you will play a critical part in ensuring that our organization has the resources necessary to recruit and hire well. You will do this by designing new resources and revising existing ones to reflect our evolving organizational needs (e.g. our new core values, new talent philosophy, etc) and growing understanding of hiring with and for cultural competence. In addition to design, you will be helping to influence others across the organization to adopt and implement these resources by ensuring that people have the professional development they need to make great hiring decisions. You are someone who loves adult learning, has a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, and is comfortable working both independently and in uncharted territory. You will report to the Managing Director, Learning and Development.
Teach For America is committed to being an inclusive and equitable workplace where individuals can grow and thrive. Our team is essential to sustaining that supportive environment. We find, empower, and develop people to do great work. We support them as they live our core values and maximize their impact with schools and communities. We also create opportunities for leadership growth, support the people priorities of other teams, and lead workforce needs like benefits, staff support, and systems administration.
- Design and facilitate resources and learning experiences centered around cultural competence in recruitment and hiring (e.g. training for veteran hiring managers, support materials for recruiters)
- Design resources and learning experiences centered around hiring Executive Directors and other executive talent across the organization
- Revamp hiring tools and trainings to assess new/revised competencies and core values, and to better evaluate things named in our new organizational talent philosophy (learning, management, cultural competence, etc.)
- Make recommendations regarding implementation and adoption of new hiring resources across the organization
- Coach and advise teams and individuals in operating with cultural competence in recruitment and hiring
- Liaise with recruiters, HMs, and legal affairs team re: recruiting and hiring with legality
- Assist in leading the Talent Acquisition Team’s efforts toward individual personal identity development
- Prior Experience
- Previous Teach For America staff experience required
- Previous experience designing and facilitating adult learning experiences required
- Previous experience with recruitment and/or hiring preferred
- Previous experience designing and/or facilitating resources relating to cultural competence, or diversity, equity, and inclusiveness preferred
- Work Demands
- Ability to travel to in person conferences 2-4 times a year
- Strong designer and facilitator
- Communicates complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Hones in on main ideas and synthesize complicated information, and then creates aligned solutions/designs
- Ability to influence others and manage laterally to outcomes
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Meet Some of Teach For America's Employees
Manager, Teacher Leadership Development
Aimée supports new corps members, helping TFA’s first and second year teachers navigate the classroom and successfully educate students.
Back to top