Clerk, Business Operations (New York, NY)
The IT Billing Specialist plays a pivotal role in ensuring all business operations run smoothly, while working to optimize the processes that support the execution of the Information Technology Team goals. The ideal candidate for the IT Business Operations Manager role is a natural self-starter, with exceptional achievement orientation and advanced Microsoft Excel skills. The ability to yield high results in a fast paced transactional environment while leading with a strong customer service ethic and ability to optimize operations are key for success in this role. This role reports to the Director of the Office of the Chief Information Officer.
This role provides an ideal opportunity to learn about Teach For America, as well as a significant opportunity for someone to build expertise in process optimization, financial operations and project management.
The Information Technology Team is passionate about technology and collaboration to make a difference for our staff and Corps Members. We partner with every other team in the organization to create technology solutions that allow us to work more effectively and efficiently on the way to ensuring one day all children have access to excellent educational opportunities. To do so, we work with some of the biggest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise.
The Office of the CIO works to support cross-team needs; in particular, this team is responsible for overall team culture, initiatives and communications; meeting and event planning and logistics; financial operations, expense reporting and compliance monitoring; new hire and on/off-boarding activities; talent management; H1B Visa and Green Card processes and cross-team project management. The OCIO team offers fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment.
The primary responsibility of the IT Billing Specialist is to lead vendor management and financial operations with the goal of ensuring efficient systems yielding high impact results. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing vendor requests for payment and submitting check requests to the Account Payable Team ensuring all billing/invoices are paid on time.
- Manage full vendor portfolio ensuring accurate billing, timely payment and response rates.
- Analyze invoices identifying cost discrepancies. Validate discrepancies with product managers, project manager or team budget trackers and led resolving with vendors.
- Support the Purchase Order process and make sure accurate and timely submission to the Procurement team on behalf of IT.
- Manage the ticket system queue to make sure all requests are being handled by the OCIO team in a timely and accurate manner.
- General business support; retrieving & processing snail mail, filing invoices, purchase orders and contracts in both electronic and paper form, data entry, updating excel reports, fielding inquiries, conducting research, providing documentation and other general office administrative in close collaboration with operations and administrative staff within the OCIO team; as needed.
- Special projects, as directed
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, IF statements & Pivot Tables)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point)
- Available and willing to work from Teach For America-New York office.
- Operating with attention to detail, customer service ethic and a belief that strategic planning, optimized process and effective communication ensures ambitious, measurable results.
- Managing competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment yielding high results.
- Making informed, timely decisions and using sound judgment to prioritize actions.
- Tracking tasks, assessing progress, and following through on the execution of plans.
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible team player, who thrives achievement-oriented environment.
- Exemplifying Teach For America’s core values.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of professional work experience
To be considered for this role, you must submit a resume and cover letter. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Back to top