Associate, Team Operations (New York, NY)
As the Associate of Team Operations on Teach For America’s national finance team, you are responsible for providing best-in-class administrative and project coordination support as well as driving and leading important team culture initiatives.
This role involves managing calendars and scheduling for the 3-person Finance Leadership Team, coordinating travel, coding expense reports, planning and executing the logistics of team retreats, taking a significant role in developing and executing team culture initiatives and driving special projects for the finance team as needed.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, highly motivated by supporting others, has a meticulous attention to detail and outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills. This role reports to the Manager, Financial Operations and Support.
The Finance team ensures that Teach For America has the financial resources and reputation to get to our organizational vision of ‘One Day’. The team oversees all financial matters, including accounting operations, planning and analysis, grants and contracts administration, and payroll processes. An arm of the broader Finance team, the Financial Strategy & Innovation team is a capacity-building function charged with the implementation and oversight of strategic change priorities, including Operation Financial Sustainability, a full-scale overhaul of Teach For America’s financial systems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
60% – Project Support & Administrative Operations
- Provide administrative support for the Finance Team’s three vice presidents (in NYC, Chicago and Denver), including scheduling meetings, strategically maintaining calendars, booking travel arrangements, completing expense reports, processing team invoices and other tasks as needed.
- Provide direct operational support for the Workday Financials implementation, including internal team communications, informational materials & on-site logistics.
- Develop and execute logistics strategies for finance leadership and management team meetings, team town halls and events, and sub-team retreats and meetings.
40% – Team Culture Initiatives & Event Operations
- Assume a proactive and collaborative role in building a strong team culture among in-person and remote staff members.
- Drive the vision and execute on all team communications – including a bi-weekly newsletter, internal team calls and meetings, an internal team site, and email aliases.
- Develop and execute small-scale meetings, celebrations and culture events for the finance team.
- Drive research and other special projects aligned with team and org-wide priorities at the direction of the vice presidents and Manager, Financial Operations & Support.
- Execute on organizational priorities (e.g. selection of TFA corps members).
- 2 years of work experience required.
- Teach For America alumni or individuals with previous administrative or project coordination experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- Some weekend or evening work may be required.
- Light travel (1-2x quarter) may also be required.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once with a spirit of flexibility, a generosity of spirit and a strong customer service ethic.
- Strong ability to manage up to supervisors that live in a variety of physical locations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated superlative judgment and ability to think critically.
Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across levels.
- High motivation in helping others and working in a dynamic, ambitious environment.
- Optimism and a great sense of humor is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter with your application. Apply now at www.teachforamerica.org/careers. For more information, please contact [email protected]
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/benefitspackage
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Back to top