Associate, Program Continuum Operations (Las Vegas Valley)
Teach For America – Las Vegas Valley seeks an Associate, Program Continuum Operations to provide project management and logistical support for the Program Continuum team. This role will also involve managing our social media communication and AMEX budget reports. This role will report directly to the D, Program Continuum.This position offers a unique opportunity for an individual who enjoys cultivating relationships and influencing others by sharing information. An individual would be especially motivated in this role if s/he is energized by communicating large amounts of information, creating organizational and tracking systems, project management, and building and leveraging relationships to drive actions of others.
Las Vegas conjures up thoughts of sunshine, casinos and the strip for many; but there is another side to this incredible region. Las Vegas Valley is a tight knit community weathering the ups and downs of an uncertain economy, making critical investments to modernize our education system, and committing to working together so that all kids here can get a great education. Clark County School District (CCSD), which serves the Las Vegas Valley, is the fifth largest school district in the nation. Only 70% of the district's 315,000 students graduate from high school. Additionally, Nevada has the lowest percentage of children enrolled in early childhood programs in the country. This poses a serious threat to our state's economic growth. We must provide equity and excellence for all kids in the Las Vegas Valley and that's why we do our work and why we need you to join our team.
A hallmark of our team is a strong culture that fully embraces our regional culture values of One LoVVe, DEI Focused, and InNEVision. One LoVVe means we approach our work with compassion and support for our amazing family. DEI Focused requires us to become aware and cultivate our intersectional identities, perspectives, and life experiences to make us a stronger community. Finally, InNEVision means we value continuous engagement with the community, in order to create a vision that is responsive to the needs of our students and families. It calls us to create magic with creative solutions and innovative approaches rooted in possibilities for our community. We deeply care about the students and families we work with, improving our education system, and being part of an amazing TFA-LVV team grounded in our work.
Program Continuum Operations – 40%
- Create high level operations and logistics planning for CM and Alumni-facing events and PDs that lead to exceptional CM and Staff Culture as defined by our EOY FY18 goals.
- Exceed our CSI goal of 65% for all CMs by the EO FY18
- Exceed ou CALI goal of 85% for all Cms by the EO FY18
- Exceed our NPS goal of 20%
- ACCs feedback outcomes: 90% of CMs rate all sessions with 6s and 7s.
- Create and send consistent corps member and Alumni communications related to regional programming, events and expectations.
- Track CM/alumni attendance and Professional Development hours for all programming and send report to M, Pre Corps, D, Program Continuum, MD, TLD, and M, Alumni Leadership one week after each event to ensure proper tracking for Program Tracker, AmeriCorps, regional grants and CM Retention.
- Office operations- Serve as one of three primary office leads including the following: leading phone and reception contact for the Las Vegas Valley team, ensuring quality customer service among corps members, external contacts, and other Teach For America staff. Regularly open the LVV office at 9am and close at 5pm. (schedule to be set as responsibility divided between 3 people)
- Coordinate with the Manager of Operations and Strategy and attend Strategy and Operation Support (SOS) subteam meetings.
- Manage the CM and Alumni Facebook page. Monitor postings and update members monthly.
Staff Communication – 20%
- Create and send consistent Staff communications related to Program Continuum programming, Alumni Programming, University expectations and community engagement to ensure successful and clear communication.
- Manage the Las Vegas Valley email inbox to respond to corps member questions in a timely, professional, and informed manner
- Build 1:1 and group rapport with all corps members and staff to facilitate trust
- Attend a portion of the Program Continuum LT meetings to ensure proper communication for Staff Blast and alignment for all CM and Alumni Events.
Budget Management (20%)
- Amex Management for Program Continuum Staff with AMEX expense accounts to ensure compliance with national accountability measures.
- Manage Cohort Budgets to ensure compliance with regional accountability measures.
- Share Monthly AMEX and timesheet compliance reports during the Program Continuum LT meetings to ensure national accountability measures.
Fulfilling our Mission through Organizational and Regional Priorities (20%)
- Attend and participate in all-staff team meetings and retreats.
- Own and support broader regional and organizational priorities, including selecting new corps members, recruitment, encouraging alumni and corps members to join our staff, and supporting regional initiatives.
- Active member of the LVV Communication Task Force
- Partner with other functional teams around your key initiative.
- Hold a clear, personal vision for impact and how it relates to your goals
- Seek ways to expand your impact, based on reflection and feedback
- Sustain yourself in this work and model this for your team and corps members
- Teach For America alum strongly preferred
- 1-3 years professional work experience managing projects to reach and exceed ambitious goals
- Some weekend and evening work required
- Ability to travel and work in the regional Teach For America office on a daily basis
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, goal-oriented and fast-paced environment
- Superb organization, detail-orientation, and project management and execution skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to create strong and compelling written communication materials
- Proven ability to build and leverage relationships
- Exceptional customer service ethic
- Motivated by details and management of information systems
- Strong tech and social media skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Comfort and strength in verbal communication skills, especially over 1:1 or group phone calls
For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff:
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America's assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Meet Some of Teach For America's Employees
Manager, Teacher Leadership Development
Aimée supports new corps members, helping TFA’s first and second year teachers navigate the classroom and successfully educate students.
Back to top