As part of the Ambassador Program, Ambassadors help fuel the movement toward educational equity by building awareness of the movement across their college/university campus, identifying peers who would make strong future corps members, representing TFA at events, and introducing the recruitment managers to top leaders on campus. The ideal candidate possesses strong relationship building, public speaking, and leadership skills, is goal oriented, enjoys solving complex problems, and has demonstrated an ability to achieve ambitious goals. This role will report to a Managing Director or Recruitment Manager. The Ambassador Program will offer Ambassadors a chance to enhance their professional skills in networking, marketing strategies, and communication while gaining an understanding of how a successful nonprofit organization operates. Through the Ambassador Program, Ambassadors will also gain access to senior leaders and alumni with Teach For America who can provide mentorship, and other leaders across the country in leadership positions who are also future corps members through their cohort meetings.
The Recruitment Team
The Recruitment team works to enlist this country’s most promising future leaders in the movement to eliminate educational inequity. The team identifies and inspires thousands of potential corps members on college campuses and from multiple career sectors to apply to and join Teach For America. Additionally, the team is responsible for meeting our ambitious goals for the growth and diversity of our corps along racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic lines.
- Ambassadors focus on a combination of the following primary responsibilities to achieve a successful recruitment campaign on their campus:
- Identify and reach out to top students on campus throughout the year, including students of diverse backgrounds and majors
- Participate or speak at events that promote Teach For America; drive attendance at these events
- Conduct presentations with student organizations or make classroom announcements that reach a diverse audience of leaders
- Build and maintain relationships with other student leaders, professors and/or partner organizations
- Conduct ongoing analysis of progress toward campaign goals & course correct strategically
- Manage a project that supports focuses on increasing the visibility and brand on campus. One example of a project includes developing and implementing a marketing, publicity, and social media campaign to ensure Teach For America maintains a strong presence on campus.
- Assume responsibility for the success of the campaign on your campus by preparing for and actively participating in weekly team meetings with Teach For America staff
- Work with our media team to craft responses for campus newspapers, write letters to the editor or op-eds
- Partner with campus campaign coordinators (CCCs) and campus teams to achieve results collectively
- As part of the Ambassador Program, Ambassadors will attend a kick-off, attend monthly cohort meetings, and have 1-1 meetings with their manager,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Desire to learn professional skills in networking, communications, advocacy, marketing and influence
- Confidence in asking your friends and peers to learn about Teach For America, attend Teach For America events and/or apply to Teach For America
- Comfort in wearing and promoting Teach For America as a brand on campus
- Strong communication, organizational and relationship-building skills
- Acceptance to the 2017 Teach For America corps
- Hold one or more leadership roles on campus
- Referral by Recruitment Manager, Director or Managing Directors of Recruitment
- Commitment to participating in the program through December 2016
To apply to this role, please navigate to the bottom of this page to register or login. Submit an updated copy of your resume and complete the required employment and application questions. Letters of intent are not required.
Please direct questions to [email protected]
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/benefitspackage.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/staff-diversity.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Back to top