Trust and Safety Coordinator
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a member of our Marketplace Integrity team, you will preserve and protect our marketplace and community with objective policy enforcement, thoughtful community support and education, and implementation of systems designed to swiftly and proactively address risks to our brand and community.
- Manage and support a variety of community-facing and internal policy and legal processes and procedures
- Communicate thoughtfully with our community of educators while responding quickly and accurately
- Be an expert in our policies, products, and features
- Identify pain points in and increase the efficiency of Marketplace Integrity team systems
- Achieve metrics-based goals to ensure that our community has a great experience
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believes in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- Proven ability to manage detail-oriented issues in a fast-paced environment, and a true commitment to a positive user experience
- Creative problem-solver willing and able to do whatever it takes to quickly and efficiently deliver a great user experience
- Track record of operating independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Self starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently
- Level-headed approach to policy enforcement and able to apply policy objectively
- Believes that no job is too big or small and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done well.
- 1-3 years of experience
- BA/BS required
- Relevant experience in website policy enforcement, fraud investigation, risk management, and/or e-commerce
- Teaching or education experience
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top