Software Engineer (Senior)
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the world’s first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
With over 2/3 of US teachers using the site (approximately 3.0M teachers in the US and over 4.0M internationally), we are seeking engineers who are passionate about hyper growth and love solving complex problems.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at TpT you will be working closely with our product team to use data to uncover and execute on new opportunities while scaling our systems as load, users, and transactions are rapidly increasing.
You'll be tackling problems big and small – from search & personalization to multi-service orchestration to building a resilient API.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Mentor teammates, communicate, and teach your learnings
- At least 5+ years of experience in web development at scale
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top