Software Engineer, Infrastructure
As a Software Engineer for Infrastructure you will have the opportunity to build and maintain the foundation on which TpT is built. We are looking for individuals who are highly curious, passionate about infrastructure and wish to improve the lives of educators across the globe.
From day one you’ll be working at scale; our highly engaged user base includes over four million teachers and educators from around the world. As we grow our product you’ll take the initiative to design and implement simple, elegant solutions to our growing infrastructure needs.
In this role, you will:
- Collaboratively create distributed systems that respond automatically to changes in load and unexpected events
- Create reproducible infrastructure via a variety of modern technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Packer, and Chef
- Systematically identify and fix performance bottlenecks within the application, database, OS, and network levels
- Optimize end user performance by leveraging DNS and CDNs to minimize latency
- Create developer tooling to minimize drudgery and reduce the possibilities of errors
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Is endlessly curious about infrastructure
- Takes a measure twice, cut once approach to changing infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Readiness to automate processes in various languages, including PHP, Ruby, and Shell
- Experience with Linux
- 4+ years of experience in web development and operations
Extra Points for:
- Being an active contributor to the open source community
- Experience with containers
- Knowledge of Ed-Tech
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top