Senior Software Engineer, Resource Experience
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the world’s first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”. With over 2/3 of US teachers using the site, we are seeking engineers who are passionate about hyper growth and love solving complex problems.
The resource experience team ensures that educators can effortlessly evaluate the resources they use in their classrooms. We own the features that teachers rely on most when deciding whether to make a purchase, which includes everything from the product page and videos to our comments, ratings and reviews system.
Our goal is to build a world-class product with teachers, not for them. Our team includes a former teacher who serves as our liaison to and voice for our community of educators. During our weekly sprints we iterate on prototypes, test them with educators across the country, and ship experiments.
As part of our cross-functional team, you’ll ship a product users love, help us refine our product development process, solve hard technical problems while balancing speed against long term maintainability, and empower millions of educators to do their best work!
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Mentor teammates, communicate, and teach your learnings
- At least 5+ years of experience in development at scale
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top