Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Products
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the world’s first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”. With over 2/3 of US teachers using the site, we are seeking engineers who are passionate about hyper growth and love solving complex problems.
Our teachers are always looking for ways to leverage all the tools and devices at their disposal to effectively reach students and do their work better. Mobile is a foundational technology to support this goal at TpT and we’re looking for strong mobile product engineers who will help us develop the next generation of user experiences leveraging the TpT platform.
Successful candidates have a passion for building product experiences that effectively leverage mobile, but are also not strictly limited to just that form factor. They understand when to focus on a mobile-only solution and when to build products that are cross-platform (desktop, mobile, API) to maximize user value. They also understand the value of creating infrastructure, tooling and effective process as you build out solutions on any part of the technology stack.
Some specific attributes we’re looking for are:
- 3+ years of experience developing on a mobile platform OR a strong frontend background with a demonstrated commitment to learning native mobile development.
- A strong history of reliably delivering substantive projects to production environments at quality.
- A strong understanding of key mobile and frontend design patterns. Areas of interest and examples include: user interface architectures (MVC, MVVM, etc.), API integration patterns (REST, GraphQL, etc.), authentication and authorization technologies (OAuth, JWT, OpenID, etc.).
- Solid experience developing product infrastructure, especially for mobile platforms. Examples of this include: build tooling, testing infrastructure, monitoring infrastructure, A/B testing support.
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working with non-engineers to outline product delivery constraints.
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top