Senior Software Engineer, Digital
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the world’s first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”. With over 2/3 of US teachers using the site, we are seeking engineers who are passionate about hyper growth and love solving complex problems.
Classrooms are constantly evolving and today we’re seeing more and more educators adopting digital tools. Many of the educators who use TpT have gained access to 1:1 devices for each of their students and they’re looking for resources that are designed for this new environment. The Digital team will be responsible for discovering and defining problems, framing and monitoring success metrics, implementing solutions, and following up on feedback. You’ll help us decide when to integrate with third parties and when to build our own tools. With over ~2/3 of US teachers using the site, there will be plenty of opportunities to get your hands dirty solving hard problems.
Digital classrooms are a new area of innovation for TpT and it’s something that we’re super excited about - after speaking with our educators, we can say that they’re even more excited.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Mentor teammates, communicate, and teach your learnings
- At least 5+ years of experience in development at scale
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top