Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing
- New York, NY
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, In 2019, Teachers Pay Teachers was one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a passionate, strategic, and analytical Lifecycle Marketer to join our Marketing Team and help drive TpT’s growth. Because we're a mission-driven company, you'll feel great about your success in this role. You'll be driving significant revenue for TpT, getting teachers paid for their expertise, AND giving more educators the resources they need to teach at their best.
You’ll develop end-to-end customer journeys, delivering the right message to the right user at the right time through the right channel. You’ll be in charge of driving our email marketing strategy, with a focus on creating compelling campaigns, lifecycle trigger programs, and segmentation and personalization strategies.
- Develop lifecycle marketing campaigns using email and in-product messaging to engage, convert, and retain users
- Oversee the email channel including onboarding series, nurture emails, transactional emails, seasonal campaign emails, and more -- all across multiple business lines
- Manage and implement marketing technology to enable triggered messages based on segment across multiple business lines
- Report on key email metrics and be responsible for performance against top-line business KPIs
- Produce cohesive strategies that support and enhance the in-product user experience
- Use data and qualitative insights to unpack user behavior and identify areas for improvement
- Implement a rigorous, "always-on" testing and optimization program designed to improve performance
- Lead a cross-functional team in end-to-end strategy, planning, and execution to create lifecycle marketing campaigns
Qualities of a successful candidate
- You are a problem solver. If something is off, you actively look for solutions and work with others to fix it.
- Possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to independently derive insights from data
- Previous experience implementing email, CRM or lifecycle software
- Proficiency using data analytics tools like Google Analytics, Looker, etc. to analyze results and identify new opportunities
- Experience with SQL strongly preferred
- Ability to lead complex projects with cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail (our emails reach tens of millions of inboxes each month)
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- Comfortable with working under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Passion for our mission
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in a growth or lifecycle marketing role at a B2C company with a proven track record of overseeing and optimizing lifecycle emails
- You have a clear understanding of overall email processes and deep experience with ESP platforms. (We operate on Simon Data and Sendgrid platforms)
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.
Back to top