Sales Development Representative, Schools
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Schools Team, we do whatever it takes to support, engage with, and mobilize our school and district partners. We closely partner with the Account Management, Customer Experience, Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to ensure we provide great support for our educators. It’s our goal to make every school partner, of every type, feel welcome and comfortable on TpT.
The Schools Development Representative (SDR) will play a crucial role in building TpT for Schools. SDRs will be responsible for outreach to potential School Accounts via phone calls and emails. The SDR will research and engage new Schools, and when possible, onboard new customers. The goal of the SDR is to drive new School Registrations and subsequently pass account ownership to the Account Management team. As part of the Schools team, SDRs will help support existing School accounts when needed.
- Initiate conversations with new Schools via phone and email outreach and drive School registrations.
- Build, maintain and exceed monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of School registrations around forecast goals and defined objectives.
- Strategize with Account Management, Marketing, and Product to improve performance, processes, and procedures.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with Marketing team on acquisition campaigns.
- Use Salesforce and other sales tools to thoughtfully engage Schools and track efforts.
- Report and share learnings with internal stakeholders.
- Support Account Management in addressing School needs/asks. This could include attending conferences, managing live chat, responding to Zendesk tickets, and facilitating user calls.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- 0-3 years professional experience - ideally in lead generation.
- You are scrappy and persistent. We are developing the Schools Development Representative playbook and want a collaborative teammate to work with us to build it out. We want someone that will take creative approaches to identifying new ways to engage and acquire Schools.
- You are flexible and positive. The team is experimenting, learning, and executing at a rapid pace. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude that is willing to do whatever is needed to make TpT for Schools successful.
- You are structured and analytical. We are building out scalable systems and processes, and as a key part of building TpT for Schools, want a structured thinker to join the team.
- You are clear and concise. You will be a key touchpoint with our customers, and we want a teammate that can help effectively summarize learnings.
- You are relentless. You refuse to take no for an answer and take pride in day-to-day wins.
- You are outgoing and energetic. You come to work every day with a smile on your face.
- You make a great first impression and can have a conversation with anyone. Connecting with people comes naturally to you.
- BA/BS degree.
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM.
- Experience in education (as an educator or at a company serving educators).
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top