What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, insights, and inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win.”
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a Recruiter at TpT, your work has all the possibilities and challenges of any company experiencing fast growth. As a member in our recruiting team, you're charged with focusing on the well-being of our candidates and partnering with the teams you support and communications to develop our hiring brand. We want you to build lasting relationships with the people you meet in the process of recruiting. By leveraging your knowledge of our clients' hiring needs and search requirements, you effectively match candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful. This is key.
In addition, you are to ensure that you focus on colleagues and their future growth at TpT. By delivering the best quality of service we can to our employees, we ensure their ability to deliver that same quality to the educators we serve each day. And in demonstrating that quality, we attract new members to the team, day by day.
Finally, we need you to be comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from analytics to make our hiring process more efficient. You are responsible for the entire recruiting process for these positions.
- Find great people to work at Teachers Pay Teachers
- Partner with hiring managers to develop, implement, and manage tactical sourcing strategies for various positions
- Build job descriptions and develop posting strategies for maximum exposure
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates across all teams
- Focus on candidate advocacy
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process
- Train the interviewers on the hiring process
- Provide a fast and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations, and closing of candidates
- Negotiate complex offers to close candidates by leveraging your experience with competing for top talent
- Regularly track pipeline, priorities and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements to the hiring process
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to empower educators
- Strategic, proactive, innovative self-starter with great follow through on tasks
- Ability to consistently offer innovative solutions to recruiting challenges within the broader context of TpT's priorities and approach to problem-solving
- Posses a great eye for talent with the ability to quickly screen resumes to fit
- Obsessive about candidate experience. You’re respectful of the candidate
- Sound sourcing approach with ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill positions
- Sharp interview skills with ability to screen for both technical and cultural qualities
- Industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities
- Strong consultative qualities and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, as well as externally
- Strong self awareness combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- 6+ years progressive recruiting experience with an in-house recruiting team
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a product manager on the Search & Discovery Team, Charlotte spends her time collaborating with designers, tech-leads, and engineers to optimize search results to best serve the TpT community.
Back to top