Purchase Order Coordinator
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a member of our Business Operations team you will help us manage our purchase orders and improve our processes in order to ensure a positive experience for our users.
- Help manage the complete Purchase Order process, including moving orders through the cycle, following up with schools about orders, and answering questions from our users
- Be an expert in our products, services, processes, and tools
- Problem-solve pain points of Purchase Order experience and recommend new initiatives in order to provide a more positive experience
- Achieve metrics-based goals to ensure that our community has a great experience
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believes in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- Proven ability to manage detail-oriented issues in a fast-paced environment, and a true commitment to a positive user experience
- Creative problem-solver willing and able to do whatever it takes to quickly and efficiently give a user a great experience
- Track record of operating independently and collaboratively
- Strong communicator
- Personality that no job is too big or small, and ability to do almost anything, whatever it takes to get the job done well and efficiently
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience processing Purchase Orders or similar financial support functions
- Past experience working with Schools or public institutions
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As an Engineering Director, Sha-Mayn works to build up the Engineering Team and leads them as they develop the best products to support teachers.
Back to top