Product Marketing Manager Lead
Teachers Pay Teachers
Product Marketing Manager, Lead
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach at their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT) is looking for a passionate, experienced Product Marketing Manager Lead to join our team. This is a critical role for TpT as you will be responsible for building our product marketing (PMM) function – first by developing a point of view on how to best structure responsibilities across various internal teams and then by building out a PMM team over time. Your mandate will be to deliver exceptional product experiences to help empower educators to teach at their best.
As our team lead, you'll help define and establish best practices for product marketing at TpT. You’ll also ensure that for each product launch, we have a well-founded and tightly coordinated go-to-market strategy (GTM) in place. You’ll be a strategic consultant, player-coach, marketing visionary, brilliant storyteller, and team leader. You’ll work with product management, engineering, community, marketplace integrity, customer experience, and more. You will improve the way we bring products to market at TpT.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Community to establish PMM best practices
- Develop GTM launch templates for both buyer and seller launches
- Ensure that each product team is supported with a successful GTM strategy
- Oversee development of value propositions, product positioning, and feature naming
- Ensure marketing program strategy and tactics support our brand and business goals
- Craft thoughtful communication plans for internal and external partners
- Manage cross-functional implementation of product marketing plans
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Proven expertise and leadership in Product Marketing
- Ability to set process, coach others, and build relationships across teams
- Demonstrated success in crafting compelling value propositions
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs that drive growth
- Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving environment
- Believes in our mission to empower educators
- BA/BS in business or marketing/communications preferred
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Has built a PMM function or trained PMMs before
- Experience in education or at an e-commerce company
- Worked as a product marketer at both a large company and small startup
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top