Product Marketing Manager
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, insights, and inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win.”
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a passionate, experienced Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join our team. This is a critical role for TpT as you will be the first PMM hired to deliver new product experiences that support the needs of educators. This means that in addition to rolling up your sleeves and helping us bring new products to market, you’ll help define and establish best practices for product marketing at TpT.
As our expert, you'll set the product marketing strategy from beginning to end. You have a strong business acumen and understand the customer and market opportunity. Your role will utilize the skills of an entrepreneur, strategist, marketing visionary, storyteller, and cross-functional team leader. You’ll work with product management, engineering, community, marketplace integrity, customer experience, and more. Whether you're defining go-to-market strategies, planning and executing feature releases, or improving the way we bring products to market at TpT, your contribution will be crucial.
- Lead efforts to determine key value propositions and target audiences of new solutions
- Create and maintain core product positioning, naming, features, and benefits
- Develop go-to-market launch strategies and craft marketing program tactics and goals
- Measure and track effectiveness, actively course correcting based on results
- Build customer-focused product content that excites, inspires, and compels adoption
- Design thoughtful communication plans for internal and external partners
- Manage cross-functional implementation of the product marketing plan
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs
- Strong verbal, written communication, and copywriting skills
- Comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to juggle multiple, fast-paced projects
- Appreciates feedback and values honest, thoughtful critique
- Believes in our mission to empower educators
- BA/BS in business or marketing / communications preferred
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Experience in education industry or background in education
- Worked as a product marketer at both a large company and small start up
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As an Engineering Director, Sha-Mayn works to build up the Engineering Team and leads them as they develop the best products to support teachers.
Back to top