What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
TpT is looking for a product manager to play a critical role in improving our product experience. You’ll work closely with the product team (including other PMs, design, and engineering) to set product strategy, prioritize features, and build products that deliver an incredible experience to our community of almost 4 million educators. Our ideal candidate will use data analytics, user research, A/B testing, and iterative development to build intuitive and innovative products that empower educators to teach at their best.
- Identify market opportunities, brainstorm ideas, and define product strategy
- Make tough prioritization decisions to ensure we build the right products
- Balance a strong product sense with the ability to execute and launch truly great products
- Work collaboratively across teams to get the right input at the right time
- Ensure every product has a clear goal, measurable success factors, and a path to continual improvement
- Become an expert in our educator community and their daily experiences
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- 5+ years of experience building products
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Exceptional communication skills - able to share your opinions and debate (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Open-minded, collaborative, and eager to learn and solve hard problems
- Tech-savvy - comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrate versatility, humility, curiosity, and creativity
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what you’ve built, and tells us who you are as a person
- E-commerce/Marketplace experience
- Education or teaching experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top