Product Designer, Personalization
About this Personalization role
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to help us bring personalization to our platform. We have a unique opportunity in the education space to deliver relevant and useful resources to every teacher, no matter who they are, where they live, or what they teach. Unlike many other marketplaces, we have a rich number of signals uncover and connect. You will be joining an extremely talented cross-functional product team. The ideal designer for this team will be data-driven, technical, and highly motivated by feedback and experimentation.
Designing products for teachers, who want and need to improve their practices, is a very rewarding and collaborative experience. Teachers give feedback for a living. They are arguably the most spirited and curious group of users you’ll ever work with. As a Product Designer you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from swimming in the problem space to shipping and validating your work. We are looking for product thinkers — we are designers who prioritize the impact of our product opportunities over the preciousness of our function.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that our community will love
- Communicate effectively using user research, workshops, narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Contribute to product team growth, vision, and strategy
- Help develop and define TpT’s design sensibilities, methodologies, and culture
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a UX / UI or Product Designer
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what you’ve built, and tells us who you are as a person
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As an Engineering Director, Sha-Mayn works to build up the Engineering Team and leads them as they develop the best products to support teachers.
Back to top