What we do
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching. The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why we do it
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who we’re looking for
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up. We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Product Designers at TpT are passionate about creating the very best experiences for all our marketplace touchpoints. As a leader on our product team, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from inception to build and beyond. You’ll partner with product managers, engineers, our community team, our community, and others in setting and executing our product vision and direction. You’ll take on a range of design challenges and be expected to advocate for the clearest, cleanest, and most cohesive design experiences.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that our community will love
- Communicate effectively using user research, workshops, narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Contribute to product team growth, vision, and strategy
- Help develop and define TpT’s design sensibilities, methodologies, and culture
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a UX / UI or Product Designer
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what you’ve built, and tells us who you are as a person
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As an Engineering Director, Sha-Mayn works to build up the Engineering Team and leads them as they develop the best products to support teachers.
Back to top