Marketing Manager: Schools and Districts
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, insights, and inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win.”
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our Marcom team to help develop our strategy for a key growth market: schools & districts. We are looking for someone who has a passion for education, marketing, and building new things. As our Schools Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for increasing brand awareness and driving demand through campaign strategy, content creation, and hands on support of our sales team. The perfect candidate will be adept at switching from developing demand generation email campaigns and writing copy to diving into analytics and A/B test results. You’ll feel comfortable wearing many hats and will always be looking with a strategic and creative eye for what’s next!
- Drive sales and adoption through brand awareness, lead generation, and direct marketing campaigns (primarily email and direct mail)
- Create content strategy and manage all collateral development (e.g. pitch decks, instructional materials, videos, case studies, webinars, white papers, infographics, and more)
- Develop schools & districts events strategy and support field marketing at regional conferences, school PD sessions, and other events
- Develop a TpT advocacy program to empower teachers with knowledge and materials to create conversations with administrators about TpT
- Help shape the TpT brand for schools & districts by formalizing our brand guidelines, value proposition, and product positioning
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to empower educators
- Strategic, proactive, innovative self-starter
- Possess strong research and analytical skills; used to working with data
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- BA/BS; marketing and communications background preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in marketing and content development
- Experience working with school administrators or supporting K-12 sales
- Experience presenting at industry events or conferences
- Experience at a startup
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a product manager on the Search & Discovery Team, Charlotte spends her time collaborating with designers, tech-leads, and engineers to optimize search results to best serve the TpT community.
Back to top