What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, insights, and inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win.”
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for an FP&A Analyst to join our Finance team to help support forecasting and our analytical processes. FP&A liaises with the various business finance and management teams to prepare our annual operating plan as well as forecasts throughout the fiscal year. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a track record of building strong relationships. A passion for technology, exceptional work ethic, team oriented mentality is essential for this impactful role.
- Develop detailed budget and forecast models to drive financial planning and ongoing reporting processes including the annual budget, monthly and quarterly rolling forecasting, and multi-year financial forecast development
- Drive a monthly reporting package that includes financial performance analysis, detailed reporting of key expense and other financial metrics, and explanations of variances and trends
- Surface actionable insights within Finance and Accounting
- Help identify and implement scalable financial processes
- Partner with operational teams on impact and expense analyses to support thoughtful resource allocation and process improvements
- Partner with operational teams to evaluate contracts and manage vendor relationships
- Identify and quantify operational risks and opportunities
- Support 409A valuation process
- Complete ad hoc business projects as directed
- Ensure integrity and timely execution of all internal, executive, board and investor reporting
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to empower educators
- Possess strong analytical and financial modeling skills with ability to quickly grasp analytical concepts
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and resourceful
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain high standards of accuracy with unquestionable integrity
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting
- Proven ability to work quickly and meet deadlines
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
- Major in finance, accounting, and/or economics preferred
- 3+ years of experience in finance; experience with a fast growing company is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel modeling
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As an Engineering Director, Sha-Mayn works to build up the Engineering Team and leads them as they develop the best products to support teachers.
Back to top