Engineering Manager, Seller Technologies
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the world’s first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
With over 2/3 of US teachers using the site (approximately 3.0M teachers in the US and over 4.0M internationally), we are seeking engineers who are passionate about hyper growth and love solving complex problems.
The TpT Seller Engineering team is focused on building solutions to help simplify, and scale the businesses of all teacher-authors working with the TpT platform. We are seeking a talented, innovative, motivated leader to join our team. The Seller Engineering team takes care of the teacher author facing experience on teacherspayteachers.com.
As an engineering manager for TpT Sellers, you will shape the long-term product vision and own its implementation. You and your team will design and build data driven technology to improve the lives of teacher-authors. You will be responsible for growing the development team to enable TpT to reach its full potential.
Like all engineering managers at TpT, you will manage product goals and execution, set technical direction and guide product strategy while collaborating closely with other leaders and executives. You will be hands on and directly contribute technically.
- Shape the long-term vision of the Seller Experience at TpT
- Own and grow the existing Seller tools for communication & community, product catalog management, promotions & pricing management, seller data & dashboard
- Build a digital classroom engineering team and work closely with your product partner to shape the strategy and execution plan
- Build a product that will enable digitization of our print resources, including tools for teacher-authors to create digital content
- Recruit, lead and manage engineers to deliver a world-class selling experience to educators
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to build great tools for educators
- Make TpT famous for having a great engineering culture by blogging and speaking about your experiences engineering at TpT
Qualities and Experience for a Successful Candidate
- 5+ yrs of technical leadership and management experience
- A passion for growing engineering teams and making others better
- Be a solid communicator
- Collaborative working style with product managers and community relations
- Comfortable with lean engineering and project management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects
- Passion to move fast and iterate to create high quality products
- Experience with scale
- Experience with build vs buy/integrate decisions
Bonus points for
- Experience with eCommerce and/or marketplaces
- Business analytics, product catalog management, pricing, media asset pipeline
- Knowledge of Ed-Tech
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top