Engineering Manager, Search and Personalization
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the world’s first and largest open marketplace where educators share, sell, and buy original educational resources.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
With over 2/3 of US teachers using the site, and 4 million educators globally, we are seeking engineers who love solving complex problems and want to make a meaningful impact in educators’ lives.
The TpT Search and Personalization team is focused on helping educators find the right resource at the right time. We are seeking a hands-on, talented, innovative, motivated leader to join our team.
As the engineering manager for Search and Personalization, you will help shape the long-term product & technical vision and own its implementation. You will design and build data-driven technology to improve the lives of educators. You will help the team adapt to changing needs and grow as individuals.
Like all engineering managers at TpT, you will manage product goals and execution, set technical direction and guide product strategy while collaborating closely with other leaders and executives.
- Shape our long-term vision for Search and Personalization
- Make iterative, data-driven improvements to the Search experience
- Leverage machine learning to make personalized recommendations
- Recruit, lead, and mentor engineers to help TpT reach its full potential
- Be an active member of the engineering community by blogging and speaking about your experiences at TpT
Qualities for a successful candidate
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading high performing teams tackling difficult problems.
- Strong communicator who can crisply explain complex technical concepts
- Collaborates with product managers, community relations, and other engineering leaders in the org
- Comfortable with lean engineering and project management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects
- Loves to move fast and iterate to create high-quality data products
- Has a ship-it attitude
- Experience with search/information retrieval, recommendation systems, machine learning, or NLP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training/work experience.
Bonus points for experience with
- eCommerce and/or marketplaces
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top