Email Marketing Lead
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, insights, and inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win.”
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a passionate, resourceful, and analytical email marketer to join our growing Marketing Team. This is a critical role for helping TpT drive growth and deliver relevant, useful content to our audience. You’ll be in charge of our email marketing strategy, which will include developing new programs as well as managing the day to day execution, optimization, and analysis across the entire channel.
As our email expert, you’ll also work with our product team to ensure that we have systems in place to reliably send millions of emails each day and stay on top of industry trends to ensure that we have best in class marketing capabilities. The ideal candidate will have the ability to create successful marketing campaigns with a focus on improving engagement and retention, and will continuously iterate and improve campaigns using data analysis and A/B testing.
- Lead the development and execution of all email campaigns
- Day-to-day management of email campaigns including but not limited to editing messages, leading design and copy reviews, structuring A/B test, scheduling deliveries, and reporting on results
- Track and analyze email performance and conversion metrics, and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of each campaign and the overall channel
- Identify and develop new email opportunities to increase engagement and traffic, and customer lifetime value
- Collaborate with all teams across TpT (product, customer support, community, etc) to identify how email can play an important role in their efforts
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Believe in our mission to empower educators
- Detail oriented, curious, and loves learning through experimentation
- Possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to independently derive insights from data
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- Comfortable with working under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Adaptable self-starter with a focus on driving work forward
- Have excellent verbal, written communication, and copywriting skills
- BA/BS; marketing and communications background preferred
- 5+ years marketing experience
- Experience driving email strategy and owning channel performance
- HTML proficient
- Knowledge of the major ESPs and other marketing software providers
- Experience with retention marketing at a consumer internet company or marketplace
- Experience in education industry
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As a Community Specialist, Laura splits her time between community outreach and analysis, always focused on determining the best way to serve the needs of TpT’s community of educators.
Back to top