Customer Experience Specialist
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Provide outstanding email based customer support for our community of sellers and buyers.
- Represent the front line of the TpT customer experience
- Provide timely and accurate solutions by email to incoming customer questions
- Be an expert in our products, services, processes, and tools
- Stay up to date on site changes and policies
- Assist in improving and documenting our support processes and systems
- Use the knowledge you gain from working with our community to provide recommendations to improve the user experience on the site
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Recent graduate with an education focused degree
- Loves, understands, and believes in what we want to build
- Enthusiasm to work hard and achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills
- 3+ years of work experience
Extra points for:
- Customer service experience in an email based environment
- Background in Education
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As an Engineering Director, Sha-Mayn works to build up the Engineering Team and leads them as they develop the best products to support teachers.
Back to top