What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, insights, and inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win.”
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Schools Team, we do whatever it takes to support, engage with, and mobilize our school and district partners. We closely partner with the Customer Experience, Data, and Marketing teams to ensure we provide great support for our educators. It’s our goal to make every school partner, of every type, feel welcome and comfortable on TpT.
Our manager of Account Management will build and develop the team that brings TpT into the center of the evolving PreK-12 classroom. This role combines both analytical and people skills, and puts a premium on the ability to work resourcefully and collaboratively across functions to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Partner with product and marketing to define and optimize the customer journey and drive value for customers
- Manage escalations from your direct reports
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI) delivered by your team
- Work with data science to create dashboards to track activity and algorithms to optimize account management prioritization
- Own key adoption, spending, engagement and satisfaction metrics for your team
- Recruit, mentor, groom and inspire a world-class team
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to empower educators
- Have demonstrated leadership experience and an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Are able to meet deadlines with a keen attention to detail
- Possess strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Deep understanding of and ability to communicate with school and district administrators
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience; management experience is a must
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As an Engineering Director, Sha-Mayn works to build up the Engineering Team and leads them as they develop the best products to support teachers.
Back to top