Account Management Specialist
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, insights, and inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win.”
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Schools Team, we do whatever it takes to support, engage with, and mobilize our school and district partners. We closely partner with the Customer Experience, Data, and Marketing teams to ensure we provide great support for our educators. It’s our goal to make every school partner, of every type, feel welcome and comfortable on TpT.
Help drive TpT’s schools efforts by developing and deepening relationships with schools and districts. Identify development opportunities and initiate relationship process by meeting with administrators, qualifying potential leads, and scheduling appointments. Execute and measure results of customer retention campaigns and meet engagement and conversion goals set in conjunction with manager.
- Identify development potential in accounts by studying current business; interviewing key customer personnel and company personnel who have worked with customer; identifying and evaluating additional needs; analyzing opportunities.
- Develop relationships by making initial presentation; explaining product and service enhancements and additions; introducing new products and services.
- Manage the pipeline and help develop a strategy for long-term success.
- Close sales by finding solutions for decision-maker objections.
- Contribute information to product strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Deep understanding of and ability to communicate with school and district administrators
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and comfort building systems from the ground up
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and match them with appropriate products/features, resources, and services
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment
- Independent, adaptable self-starter with a focus on driving work forward
- 3+ years of education-related experience and/or established track record in relationship management
Meet Some of Teachers Pay Teachers's Employees
As an Engineering Director, Sha-Mayn works to build up the Engineering Team and leads them as they develop the best products to support teachers.
Back to top