Account Management Specialist
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Schools Team, we do whatever it takes to support, engage with, and mobilize our school and district partners. We closely partner with the Customer Experience, Data, and Marketing teams to ensure we provide great support for our educators. It’s our goal to make every school partner, of every type, feel welcome and comfortable on TpT.
Help drive TpT’s schools efforts by developing and deepening relationships with schools and districts. Identify development opportunities and initiate relationship process by meeting with administrators, qualifying potential leads, and scheduling appointments. Execute and measure results of customer retention campaigns and meet engagement and conversion goals set in conjunction with your manager.
- Develop relationships by making an initial presentation, explaining product and service enhancements and additions and introducing new products and services.
- Identify development potential in accounts by studying current business, identifying and evaluating additional needs and analyzing opportunities.
- Manage the pipeline of schools and help develop a strategy for long-term success.
- Contribute information to product strategies by evaluating current product results, identifying needs to be filled, monitoring competitive products, and analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and comfort building systems from the ground up
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and match them with appropriate products/features, resources, and services
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment
- Independent, adaptable self-starter with a focus on driving work forward
- 1 - 3 years prior experience in Account Management and/or enterprise sales.
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM.
- Experience in education (as an educator or at a company serving educators).
- Established track record in relationship management
Back to top