Social Media Editor
Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table has an immediate opening for a social media editor to manage our social media channels and help grow Tasting Table's audience. This position requires experience in social media marketing as well as strong writing skills. The ideal candidate lives and breathes social media, has a passion for food, loves a good pun, and knows what's trending on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Day-to-day management of TT social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest as well as other emerging platforms), with a focus on growing TT's social audience and website traffic
- Writing engaging, snappy social media copy on a daily basis for both editorial stories and branded content
- Tracking and managing monthly calendar of future posts, sponsored content, etc.
- Creating social-first content for emerging platforms such as Instagram Stories and Snapchat
- Working with editorial team and content studio to develop and share social media best practices
- Monitoring social media trends and pitching story ideas for editorial coverage, and participate in editorial brainstorms
- Occasionally writing news stories and/or quizzes for TastingTable.com based on trending topics identified from social media
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years experience writing original content and managing social media channels
- Exceptional working knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write clever, pithy copy for social channels
- Full of creativity and new ideas
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and extremely organized
- A skilled team player who can handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, personable and good-humored
- Experience in media/journalism is preferred
- Familiarity with social media analytics is a plus
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
See Inside the Office of Tasting Table
Tasting Table sends out daily emails that feature restaurant reviews, dining tips, chef profiles, and great food and drink recipes, all packaged into six city editions and one national edition. All of Tasting Table’s recommendations are rigorously tested—after all, the in-house food editors have to make sure that only the highest quality information reaches their readers.
Back to top