Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table is seeking an editorial intern in New York City. This internship is an exciting opportunity for a food-loving young professional who wants to grow their digital and social media skill sets in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while experiencing the entire editorial process. The intern will work closely with the editors to pitch ideas, write articles, contribute to social accounts and provide fact-checking support, as well as assistance with research and editorial administrative duties.
The potential intern should be willing to commit to at least 15 hours a week (Monday through Friday) for a duration of at least three months at the Tasting Table office in Soho. This position requires obsessive attention to detail, as well as strong research and writing skills, and the ideal candidate should be highly motivated and full of ideas.
The intern should also have good knowledge of the web and viral content, the New York City and national food scenes, and a curiosity and passion for all things off the beaten path.
Maturity and motivation are musts: Most of the work will be done independently, thus organization and time management skills are essential.
Interested candidates do not need to be students in order to apply, but Tasting Table will work with college students on the process of doing the internship for school credit.
- Contribute to edit brainstorms
- Research various types of editorial content, including fact-checking information, making phone calls and diving into trends
- Pitch ideas and write articles as needed
- Build stories in our CMS
- Assist the social media team with posting across all platforms and community management
- Perform general administrative editorial responsibilities
- Attend events and out-of-office photo shoots
- Strong passion for food, drink and dining, and good working knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes
- Quick, intuitive learner who is driven by details
- Dependable team player who's willing to take on any task
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital media publication space, especially in the food and beverage industry
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. If we feel you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
See Inside the Office of Tasting Table
Tasting Table sends out daily emails that feature restaurant reviews, dining tips, chef profiles, and great food and drink recipes, all packaged into six city editions and one national edition. All of Tasting Table’s recommendations are rigorously tested—after all, the in-house food editors have to make sure that only the highest quality information reaches their readers.
Back to top