Brand Experiences Intern
Location: Tasting Table headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table is looking for an energetic intern to work in our Brand Experiences department at our New York City headquarters. This paid internship will offer exposure to the fast-paced world of a digital media brand. Each intern will have a hand in the projects and tasks of the department including event production and some social media.
Potential interns should be willing to commit to at least 20 hours per week in our Soho office and be available on the occasional weekend or evening. This position requires obsessive attention to detail, excellent research and writing skills and a positive, go-getter attitude. The ideal candidate will have restaurant/catering experience, strong food knowledge and interest in special events. Much of the projects are time-sensitive, so organization and time-management skills are essential to maintain efficiency.
- Participate in planning and execution of events in our Test Kitchen & Dining Room including vendor outreach, research, gift bag assembly, on-site event management.
- Assist with Test Kitchen operations including liaising with staff, tracking inventory, ordering, and maintenance.
- Assist in the execution and planning of Tasting Table special events and brand experiences (outside of the Test Kitchen)
- Create event collateral, such as invitations, menus and signage, in collaboration with TT graphic designers.
- Helping in all aspects of event set up, execution and check in, to break down and clean up
- Guest list management and guest check in
- Administrative tasks such as research, scheduling, mailings and expense reporting.
- STRONG attention to detail
- Familiarity with hospitality and restaurant/catering operations
- A can-do attitude and willingness to dive in and get your hands dirty without hesitation
- Energetic, personable and good-humored
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer knowledge (Mac experience preferred), including Google docs, Photoshop, Pages, Keynote, and general Internet savvy.
- Ability to work as a team player and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter mentality with good judgement
To apply, please fill out this form. If we think you might be a good fit we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
See Inside the Office of Tasting Table
Tasting Table sends out daily emails that feature restaurant reviews, dining tips, chef profiles, and great food and drink recipes, all packaged into six city editions and one national edition. All of Tasting Table’s recommendations are rigorously tested—after all, the in-house food editors have to make sure that only the highest quality information reaches their readers.
Back to top