Market Surveillance Manager
- New York, NY
Tassat Group LLC, is a New York-based fintech company that provides blockchain-based technology solutions for Digital Payments and Digital Exchange markets.
Tassat has already delivered the first digital payments platform approved by the NYDFS that has transacted significant volume to date, and plans to launch a CFTC-regulated digital asset derivatives exchange designed for institutional investors. All products listed for trading on the exchange will be self-certified with the CFTC
Our digital asset ecosystem also offers data analytics products, including a comprehensive benchmark for Bitcoin and Ether.
You can find us in the vibrant Flatiron District.
As the Market Surveillance Manager, your primary responsibility will be for conducting market surveillance of Tassat's CFTC registered swap execution facility ("SEF") for disruptive trading practices and other potential violations of Tassat's rules and CFTC regulations. You will be the first responder to review inquiries from traders regarding trading errors, system malfunctions or trading anomalies to determine the appropriate course of action. This position reports to the Chief Compliance Officer.
Working With Us
At Tassat, you will work with incredibly talented engineers, market experts, and thought leaders to shape the future of a financial ecosystem. We offer a uniquely entrepreneurial, supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything.
- We understand the importance of autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- We strive to be extremely transparent, organizationally flat, and open-minded. While you will have clearly delineated responsibilities, you are welcome and encouraged to contribute beyond those areas. We value ideas and results, not ranks and titles
- We believe great results can only come from great people. If you're interested in working alongside people who are bright, creative, and diligent, this is the place
Market Surveillance Manager
We value people who can bring new perspectives to our company. Here are some traits that are important to us:
- Ability to solve problems head on (and hands-on) and in simple creative ways
- Bring unwavering passion to the team and the work you do
- Reliable and independent. We expect a lot out of you, but we won't keep tabs on you. You must thrive in that kind of environment
- Savvy researcher, continuous learner, and enthusiastic team player. We need you to feel like an owner, motivated to succeed and enthusiastic about helping others
- Urgency is key! We all play many roles here and must get our hands into everything to get it done
- Developing and enhancing the market surveillance program using licensed surveillance software (including the creation of alerts and other tracking tools in order to conduct effective trade surveillance)
- Conducting real-time and post-trade trade practice reviews and market surveillance to address alerts, and to analyze and review trading activity deemed to be unusual or suspicious as well as other output generated by the surveillance system
- Communicating with market participants orally and in writing to obtain information relevant to activity under review
- Analyzing member firms' responses to determine if further investigation or further action is warranted
- Performing ongoing audit trail reviews and assist with the annual compliance review.
- Reviewing and approving onboarding documentation submitted by market participants before granting access to the exchange
- Assisting other team members as necessary to ensure the exchange and market participants are in compliance with CFTC regulatory requirements (including rule and product development, policies and procedures, other projects as assigned)
What You Bring
- Expertise in the operation of regulated exchanges, with emphasis on trade practice and market surveillance
- An understanding of derivatives trading (preferably swaps and futures), including knowledge of market making, hedging and other trading strategies, including a broad knowledge of market structure, cleared and uncleared derivative processes and workflows
- The ability to work independently and with other staff internally across functional lines, with market participants, and with representatives of other exchanges, SROs and regulatory agencies
- Current knowledge of CFTC core principles and regulations (including Dodd-Frank initiatives) regarding surveillance and trade practice functions of derivatives exchanges
- 5-10 years prior surveillance experience at a derivatives exchange or trade surveillance at an FCM or broker dealer. Will consider other equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of surveillance software and experience with Nasdaq SMARTS a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of digital assets is a plus
- Experience working in a small, dynamic startup organization would support your success
- A startup junkie mentality, again very important to thrive in our environment
Back to top