So what does a Team Leader really do? Imagine yourself going to work with just a single thing on your mind: to provide the best customer experience for your clients. At the same time, as you look at your tasks for the day, you must be able to drive the performance of your Teammates in order for them to continuously hit their goals. You must be able to coach and manage the Teammates under your supervision and act as a bridge between your Teammates and the other departments.
As a Team Leader, you will:
- Manage day-to-day planning and operations of your team;
- Make sure that each of your Teammates delivers on his/her Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and achieves his/her Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Organize and handle the team and make sure everyone adheres to their schedules;
- Train and help in the development of your team by conducting team huddles and coaching sessions;
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of your Teammates;
- Offer solutions for your team’s growth and development;
- Create reports of your team’s performance and document feedback from your client;
- Manage issues that might arise, including HR-related ones;
- Think of solutions creatively; and
- Act as the liaison between the management and your team.
So, do you have what it takes to be a Team Leader?
- At least two (2) years of relevant Team Leader experience managing a minimum of 10 teammates while working in a customer support role in an outsourcing or similar company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Above-average technical know-how
- Previous experience working in phone, email, and live chat customer support roles
- Familiarity with E-Commerce, ZenDesk, or any other CRM tools
- Flexibility and willingness to work on different shifts
TaskUs partners with the world’s most innovative and disruptive brands to protect what matters most and to thrive in an ever-changing world.
TaskUs is an equal opportunity employer.