Senior Systems Engineer
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world. We exist to provide ridiculously innovative customer support, AI operations, and content security to the world’s most disruptive companies
We believe our Frontline employees come first, always. At TaskUs, leaders eat last––in other words, we expect you to put your line of direct reports before yourself. We think in terms of #FrontlineFirst because we know good ideas can come from anyone at anytime. That’s probably why we’re ranked 40th on Glassdoor’s 2019 “100 Best Places to Work” list.
A special place requires special people. Qualified candidates have a sense of humility, an adventurous spirit, and a relentless work ethic. If you are looking for more than the standard 9 to 5, you’ve found it.
We exist to make the world’s best companies better. We aim to have fun while doing it.
What does a Senior Systems Engineer really do? Think of yourself as someone who will lead the server infrastructure platforms design, build and develop standard operating procedures. Engineering and migrations of servers and other back office applications in a heterogeneous on-premise and in the cloud environment, so not just anyone is qualified for this role!
Imagine spending your day to help support and build the disruptive force behind TaskUs. Your role was designed to map requirements, plan solutions, and successfully execute strategies to roll out the next project squarely aimed at turning the industry on its head. Your achievements are gauged not on hours worked, but on the success or failure of projects and launches.
Principal Duties and Responsibility
● You will prepare, design, build and implement systems including virtual infrastructure, network storage, end-user computing, remote access and others.
● Engineering of server systems related solutions for various project and operational needs. Perform Windows system engineering, design and validation.
● Participate in planning and recommends Windows and related IT technology asset architectures and recommends new/emerging technology for application into the enterprise
● Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
● Define, develop and document new systems deployment processes in accordance with criteria established by Systems Architect.
● Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
● Function as a core member of the standardization team. In concert with the Systems Architects and Systems Engineer, define and annually validate systems processes and deployment documentation.
● Create and develop high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure
Other Duties and Responsibilities
● Document, upgrade and configure new system software that supports production infrastructure applications per project or operational needs.
● Acts as a liaison with vendors and third party vendors
● Capable of managing complex technical projects, and communicating status to Customers and Project managers to assist with the design and review of new server systems, applications and hardware throughout project life cycles
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to support site build outs and projects
Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing
environments and requirements.
Mentoring and providing next level escalations to Systems Support Engineers. Assist senior team
members with architecting the server infrastructure required to support these projects
Experience and skills
7-9+ years relevant experience in systems administration and systems engineering
Capable of project managing complex technical projects, and communicating status to Customers and Project managers
Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements.
Expert in administering, managing and configuration of Microsoft Servers, Microsoft back office applications and Virtualization technologies (Email systems, Active Directory, VMware ESXi/VDI, DHCP, DNS)
Strong knowledge and experience in scripting, automation and architecture of server environments (Powershell, VBscript, Batch)
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Education and Certifications
Information Technology or Computer Science or Engineering Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer/Solutions Expert
Cloud Certification (AWS) is a plus
VMware Certified Professional (VCP) is a plus
ITIL Foundation (is a plus)
Back to top