Senior Payroll Specialist
At TaskUs we look for individuals who are constantly striving for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. Our rapid growth demands high performance, and we're proud to say that we have a talented and motivated team along for the ride. We invest in our team because #peoplefirst isn't just a phrase, it is the cornerstone on which we have built our business., We know employee happiness equates to customer satisfaction. TaskUs offers the adventure of a lifetime, working side by side with passionate teammates and giving you opportunities for career growth that is unparalleled. If you’re looking for a new challenge or just want to be a part of something historic, join us. Let’s change the way the world works.
The Senior Payroll Specialist position covers the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Generate and send reports to Operations for exceptions and items to be corrected for payroll transmission.
- Review and process payroll discrepancies and complete entries in payroll system accordingly.
- Coordinate with agencies for tax and social insurance reporting and payments.
- Coordinate issue resolution with payroll vendor regarding payroll processing, changes and on inquiries.
- Maintain payroll records current with relevant pay period data for auditing and reference purposes in compliance with local regulation requirements for record retention and handling of private and sensitive data.
- Participate in gathering of Payroll information for the different business.
- Validate payroll data in Payroll Register matches information submitted to vendor or what was entered in the payroll system as applicable.
- Complete multiple validation reports to ensure Gross to Net is calculated properly for each payroll run.
- Prepare funding forecast for payroll funds.
- Process termination payments.
- Process off cycle payments.
- Participate in payroll orientation for new hires.
- Process year end and annual tax reconciliation and preparation of employee and employer tax returns.
- Identify root cause and assist in proposing solutions to payroll impacting issues.
- Reconcile and verify timely and accurate payroll tax and contribution payments are done.
- Communicate and contribute to providing data to key business owners such as Human
- Resources, Finance, Operations and other approved contacts.
- Assist in distributing pay checks.
- Reconciling payroll registers vs bank account transactions and live checks cashed and pending to be cashed.
- Participate in projects as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on business or accounting preferred
- Experience with computerized payroll processing
- Experience with ADP, ORACLE HR/Payroll systems a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, formulas: v-look up, Concatenate, etc)
- Must be detailed oriented
- Tax reconciliations (year end, garnishments, etc)
- International Payroll processing experience preferred
- Multi-state payroll processing preferred
Back to top