Learning Experience Consulting Leader
- San Francisco, CA
The TaskUs Learning Experience (LX) Consulting Leader is accountable for designing and implementing solutions ensuring L&D contributes to, and influences, improved performance in the workplace at an individual, team and organization level. They are responsible for aligning learning needs with the strategic ambitions and objectives of our clients. They are agents for change, influencing key stakeholders, making decisions and recommendations on what the business can / should do in an LX context. The LX Consulting Leader will link the work they do to the context and strategic priorities of the business and measure the outcomes and impact of any learning interventions, to demonstrate a return on investment/expectation.
The LX Consulting Leader will coordinate across Client Services and Sales to identify revenue opportunities while building the internal strategy and direction of the team. The LX Consulting Leader will require in-depth expertise in areas such as organization development, digital/blended learning, resourcing, or talent management. This leader will collaborate with specialists in Human Resources (i.e. employee relations, reward, recruitment) and the Learning & Development Delivery team in the Philippines and San Antonio. They will report to the VP, CX Consulting and will also support the rest of the Consulting business and manage to their P&L.
- Paradigms, theories, and models that underpin effective adult learning, group behavior and learning culture, for example, behaviorism, cognitivism, constructivism, neuroscience.
- Legislation and policies that influence learning design and delivery
- The merits of different learning delivery channels to select an appropriate face-to-face, blended or digital solution.
- Current research and appropriate application of best practice/best solutions.
- The latest learning practice, trends and emerging thinking around LX.
- Positively incorporating diversity and inclusion into L&D interventions and processes.
- Change management methodologies and the principles of project management.
- Consultancy tools and techniques, for example, the use of SWOT, 5 Whys, weighted matrix, etc providing costed recommendations and projected impact/ Return on investment/ Return of expectation.
- LX market and sector and the opportunities, challenges, and issues it faces.
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities and feedback to develop their business acumen, improve their performance and overall capability.
- How business, learning and HR key performance indicators and metrics build a clear picture of how the business is performing.
- The process of stakeholder mapping to define interactions that are part of the learning needs analysis, design, delivery, and evaluation.
- How to measure the impact, return on investment/expectation of learning on the business.
- The LX structure required to meet business needs and whether this should be in-house, outsourced and how to source specialist expertise when required.
- The various L&D roles, responsibilities, and skills required to design and deliver face-to-face, blended or digital solutions.
- The policies and processes required for effective organizational learning.
- How to prepare, monitor and manage a budget.
- The collection of data and information, both qualitative and quantitative, to analyze learning needs, implement effective delivery and measure outcomes and impact.
- How to identify sources, trends, and anomalies in data/information.
- How to shape internal information systems and how they play a role to support learning.
- How technology can support learning, including the understanding of digital platforms /
- delivery channels as relevant to the role.
- Emerging technologies that can support effective learning.
- Work as an LX business partner or consultant across the whole organization or key functions / relevant stakeholders as appropriate, to build insight into existing levels of capability against future requirements, identifying organizational skills gaps and risks.
- Use a range of techniques to obtain an initial brief from internal stakeholders, and investigate and analyze data to validate the need for a learning intervention.
- Present a range of relevant and innovative solutions, logically and with credibility, to gain buy-in from senior stakeholders.
- Develop an Organizational Development / LX succession plan that addresses gaps and fulls skills, resourcing, talent, and future leadership needs for our clients, accounting for changing internal and external environment, business and learner needs.
- Initiate the design of interventions and monitor implementation.
- Foster and develop an embedded culture of learning and continuous improvement (e.g. through using communication campaigns).
- Manage learning and knowledge transfer.
- Facilitate collective and social learning using innovative technological solutions.
- Budget/Resource Management
- Relationship Management
- Facilitation Skills
- Agile and Self Starter
The LX Consulting Leader will be able to demonstrate:
- Constant and Curious Learner
- Collaborative Partner
- Commercial Thinker
- Constructive Challenger
- Influence management at all levels to collaborate and take responsibility for learning initiatives.
- Set up and manage Action Learning sets, coaching and mentoring programs.
- Construct and manage an L&D budget/project/intervention, including managing resources to effectively deliver.
- Identify and analyze potential cost savings to ensure maximum value.
- Effectively engage, negotiate and manage third party suppliers.
- Build effective working relationships with business managers (using the language of the business), peers and other L&D functions, together with relevant external organizations to deliver business results from L&D plans and solutions.
- Communicate confidently with people at all levels, including senior management.
- Work with senior leaders to carry out succession planning, organizational development, and talent pipeline plans.
- Build rapport and demonstrate the use of language patterns to facilitate and encourage discussions, debate, learning, and decisions.
- Employ a range of questioning and listening skills to generate brainstorming, discussion and debate, learning and decisions.
- Effectively manage challenging learner and group behaviors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a program such as HR, Learning and Development, Business, Communications, Psychology or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of Learning & Development, OD or Talent Management experience with at least 2 years of leadership responsibility at a Big 4 consulting firm or comparable experience
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude for organization design, organization effectiveness, leadership development, and change management to support a high performing organization and culture
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and partnership focus. Proven ability to build relationships, trust, and rapport, as well as impact, influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization including senior executive relationships
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as within a team with a high level of professionalism, personal integrity, and dependability
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment in a highly collaborative manner
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, with proven ability to assess competing priorities in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and directed. Can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably.
- Excellent project management skills including planning, logistics, program management, and scheduling.
- Prior Talent Management Experience
- Instructional Design Knowledge/Experience
- HCM or LMS Knowledges/Experience
- Certification or experience delivering ‘personality’ or ‘personal style’ – based tools a plus (SDI, StrengthsFinder, DISC, etc.)
- Previous experience with eLearning authoring tools (ie. Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia or other)
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world, delivering the customer support, AI operations and content security services that power the world’s most innovative companies. Listed as one of Glassdoor‘s “100 Best Places to Work”, USA Today’s “Best Company Cultures” and “Best Companies for Women” by Comparably, TaskUs is a Frontline-First company that puts its people at the heart of everything they do. TaskUs has been recognized as one of the Inc. “5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past seven years consecutively. Founded in 2008 by Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir, the company raised over $250mm in 2018 from the world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone.
TaskUs currently has over 17,000 employees and offices across the U.S., Philippines, India, Taiwan, and Mexico. To find out more visit www.TaskUs.com.
TaskUs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top