Director of Consulting and Technology Services
Want to be part of a company that is changing the game for some of the world's most notable brands and disruptive companies? We thought so.
The Director of Consulting and Technology Services leads key client engagements and Consulting Services practice initiatives (e.g., solution or offer based) across multiple industries. As the Director, you will lead, manage, and support the execution and delivery of customer solutions from a services perspective. You'll work directly with the Consulting and Sales teams to create and execute client business plans and develop the area's capabilities in terms of demand creation and service delivery. Reporting to the VP of Consulting and Technology, you'll manage a team of billable consultants and be responsible for client engagement planning, staffing, execution, quality and client satisfaction of Technical projects and solutions.
At TaskUs we look for individuals who are constantly striving for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. Our rapid growth demands high performance, and we're proud to say that we have a talented and motivated team along for the ride. If you're looking for a new challenge or just want to be a part of something historic, join us. Let's change the way the world works.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Oversee delivery of multiple core infrastructure consulting projects sold to clients around the installed base to ensure quality delivery and high customer satisfaction
- Participate in the sales process, taking a lead role on project expansions and extensions Manage client relationships to create promoters within the account
- Partner with account relationship lead on account planning and strategy
- Work with overall account team to actively identify sales opportunities
- Provide insight into new service offerings to grow the overall consulting business and service portfolio
- Develop and mentor a growing team of technical and operational consultants
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Oversee overall project planning and execution for all current core infrastructure projects at a client; including planning and management of project scheduling and sequencing
- Supervise a group of Project Managers who manage projects on a day to day basis, occasionally managing complex client projects
- Manage relationships with client stakeholders, seeking to build strong client promoters and a pipeline of future work
- Actively develop opportunities to expand and extend current projects
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders through status meetings, reports and scorecards
- Regularly meet with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Coach and develop Project Managers and Consultants
- Manage the process of scoping, planning, costing, and pricing new projects
- Develop Statements of Work for new projects; define goals and objectives, client requirements, resource needs, budget, risks, and deliverables
- Work with available resources to staff projects appropriately
- Ensure proper internal management systems are adhered to, including time to facilitate accurate reporting on all projects
- Significant technical project/program management experience, particularly in a data and analytics environment
- Strong technical expertise in relevant areas including data management and analytics
- Customer relationship management experience
- Sales experience, particularly in services, including scoping, negotiating and writing SOWs
- Financial management experience sufficient to run profitable consulting engagements
- Ability to work in complex, fast-paced environments with a level of ambiguity
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience
- Continuous education in business strategies, design concepts and methodologies and/or technologies
- Proven record of five years minimum demonstrating the ability to manage and grow a successful business and P&L
- Hands on experience in a number of business disciplines such as consulting services, business operations, project management, information technology, software development, or marketing and sales, with a proven ability and record of success
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Ability to positively present yourself, TaskUs, Teradata (our partners) and our consulting services portfolio
- Minimum of five years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances, and a proven record of success
- Experience in managing consultants, project managers, or technical engineers a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Standing and sitting for sustained periods of time, at least 50%
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
TaskUs provides next generation customer experience that powers the world's most disruptive companies through the partnership of amazing people and innovative technology.
We provide Ridiculously Good strategy, business process optimization, revolutionary technology and the best talent to deliver transformational, digital scale.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We embrace a culture that fosters a best-in-class employee experience. It's no wonder we have been named as one of the "Best Places to Work" by the LA Business Journal.
TaskUs has been recognized on the Inc. "5,000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America" list the past five years and The Los Angeles Business Journal's "100 Fastest Growing Private Companies" the previous three years. TaskUs is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, with operations across the United States, Latin America and the Philippines.
Some of our RIDICULOUS perks include:
- Dog friendly office – we even have a dog park within walking distance of our office!
- Competitive health benefits
- Annual professional development stipend
- Laundry, wellness, cellphone & home internet reimbursements
- 401K Match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours to keep you recharged
- Work from home and summer Fridays
- Weekly lunches & a fully stocked kitchen / fridge
- Mindfulness meditation lessons
- A completely employee centric culture
- Relentless focus on experimentation
To learn more about TaskUs' career offerings and to apply, please visit www.taskus.com/hq-careers/.
TaskUs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of TaskUs's Employees
Danni works closely with TaskUs headquarters to make sure the team recruits quality candidates—who also fit the culture—to meet needs of the company’s entire clientbase.
Back to top