Windows Systems Administrator II
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, responsible for installing, configuring, architecting, and engineering solutions around Windows servers, LAN/WAN systems, and telecommunication systems. Responds to escalated systems alerts, investigates and recovers hardware/software failures, Responsible for the identification and resolution of service-level problems and the identification and support of mission-critical tasks.
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday with core hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm. The position will report to our Manager of Infrastructure.
- Skilled in desktop/server operating systems, PCs, servers, network, storage technologies and monitoring
- Skilled in Active Directory
- Skilled in networking technologies, (LAN/WAN, Layer2/3, routers, switches, firewalls, IPS, VPNs, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, FTP, IOS, ACLs)
- Skilled in virtualization software (VMware or Hype-V)
- Skilled in telecommunications and phone equipment
- Skilled in security & security best practices
- Skilled in using industry standard practices for supporting complex infrastructure environment
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a minimum of an Associate's degree from an accredited college, university, or vocational college with a degree in computer sciences or a related discipline
- Four or more years of Windows systems administration experience with operations/patching/AV/upgrades/KTLO focus is required
- Prior systems administration experience utilizing AWS or other cloud technologies is required
- Prior experience with Active Directory is required
- Prior experience with SAN technologies is preferred
- Advanced experience with VMware technology is preferred
- Prior experience with Apache and/or Tomcat is preferred
- Prior experience with AWS or other cloud technology is preferred
Corporate Core Competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of TASC's Employees
Project Manager II
Hebba and her teammates develop and deliver important TASC projects by scheduled deadlines while adhering to strict company and client requirements and budgets.
Back to top