Senior Software Developer/Technical Lead
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, the advanced configuration, development, implementation, testing, and deployment of web-based applications, business intelligence solutions and integration of applications and data with TASC and non-TASC systems.
We are currently searching for candidates for both Senior Software Developer and Senior Software Developer Technical Lead openings.
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday with core hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm. The position reports to our Director of Application Engineering.Our ideal candidate will be located in the Madison, Wisconsin area.
- Ability to build web applications including graphic elements, overall organization and navigational structure, layout, development, usability of web pages and forms for ease-of-use
- Preferred knowledge with one of the following: Angular, TypeScript or Node JS
- Advanced knowledge of common design patterns and when they should be used
- Substantial knowledge of relational database structure and design using one of SQL Server, MySQL, or Maria DB
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles/methodologies, preferred exposure to Agile development
- Experienced in the use of JIRA And Confluence on a daily basis
- Skilled in technical troubleshooting and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist team and project managers with the estimation process
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, document requirements, develop specifications, and drive development methodology maturity
- Ability to work evenings/weekends as necessary and dictated by project deadlines or severity of support issues
- Ability to think creatively and use your imagination to problem-solve
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Six or more years experience in data manipulation, ETL and data integration technologies including Data Integrator required
- Prior experience with source code management tools (Stash, Git) required
- Experience functioning as a technical lead on software development projects required to be considered for technical lead openings
- Experience with two or more of the following: Angular 2+, Node JS,TypeScript, AWS Lambda, AWS S3 or AWS Dynamo preferred
- Certification in web development, graphics or software programming preferred
- Experience with Jenkins is preferred
- Experience in the employee benefits, insurance, or financial industry is preferred
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.
Back to top