Operational Support Specialist - Head Record Wrangler

Are You Ridiculously Organized?
Do you keep your computer desktop as neat as your actual desktop? Are you also detail-oriented? Do you embrace process? And do you have the knack and tact for getting those less organized than yourself to embrace it along with you? Great. Read on.

TASC is the nation's largest privately-held third-party administrator and one of Wisconsin's most dynamic companies. We keep a lot of records. And we're adding more all the time. That's why we're looking for the right person to head up our record keeping management function.

This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday with core hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The position will report to our Manager of the Executive Office.

What You'll Do in this Position
You will be part of the Executive Office department, supporting the department members, owners, and CEO. You will be tasked with updating and managing our records maintenance matrix, and with the audit and oversight of all important company records - financial, legal, archival, etc. You will process new documents by identifying, sorting, classifying and compiling them, and then handling version control. You will be working with all kinds of Microsoft Suite files, including Excel, Word, and image files, and with hard copies of documents, photos, and other non-digital materials. The bottom line is keeping all our records current, organized, and easily accessible. Since a big part of successful record management is getting cooperation from throughout the company, you will need to be the kind of person who can operate across functions and departments to encourage company-wide compliance with our methodology. We're also looking for someone who can bring strategic thinking to the process - troubleshooting issues and recognizing ways to link record keeping to other company objectives. You will be on the front line of not only maintaining and implementing our records management process and policy, but also have influence in the creation of the process and policy.

In addition to your function as the company's record wrangler (approximately 50%), you will provide light bookkeeping support (reconciling monthly credit card reports, tracking invoices, etc.) to the Financial Operations Manager (approximately 20%). You'll also spend approximately 20% of your time on Executive Office Administration support, which includes managing inventory of office supplies, general upkeep of the Executive Office Suite, management of physical mail, and support for in-office meetings. If you noticed that only adds up to 90% you have the eye for detail we're looking for. The remaining 10% of your time will be spent on miscellaneous duties. So you'll need to be someone willing to jump in and help wherever you're needed.

The Talents and Experience We're Looking For

  • Minimum of an Associate's Degree (preferably in business or administration) or the equivalent experience
  • Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a professional business environment (some experience in records management preferred / bookkeeping experience desirable but not required)
  • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Skype, iPad, etc.
  • A working understanding of office administration policies, practices, and procedures
  • Ability to communicate effectively with personnel and professional staff
  • Detail-oriented, supremely organized

TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.

Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.

IND123HP



Back to top