The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, provideing in-depth technical expertise of database management systems, including database architecture, installation, and technical support of DBMS (i.e. SQL primary, MySQL secondary, DynamoDB third) software. Responsible for designing, securing, and maintaining the data structures used to store data for client applications. Responsible for the backup and recovery of client and corporate database data and working with companies database vendors.
Provides technical support for data extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) tools, which are used to extract data from various database technologies, manipulate the data, and load to a new database environment. Performs database administration activities such as modifications, enhancements, expansions, and capacity planning. Provides technical support and assistance to Systems Administrators, DevOps Engineers and product development team in the design and tuning of computer applications. Provides in-depth technical expertise related to the ongoing maintenance and support of the database software.(i.e.: SQL/SERVER, MySQL, DynamoDB).
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday with core hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm. The position will report to our Manager of Infrastructure.
- Review, validate and enhance logical database designs.
- Define and implement physical databases.
- Perform database administration activities (e.g., modifications, enhancements, expansions).
- Conducts production database performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Install, test and upgrade database releases and associated products.
- Diagnoses database-related issues (e.g., database outages, application performance).
- Lead the development of database standards and procedures for a production cloud environment.
- Evaluate and recommend new database utilities, and tools.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Solve technical issues in a 7x24 hour production environment.
- Ability to interact with clients on divisional and enterprise wide projects and peer resources in other technical support organizations (e.g. hardware, storage, etc.).
- Ability to support databases for applications that could impact thousands of clients and clients' customers.
- Knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
- Ability to understand and maintain file structures, design, retrieval, and access methods, etc.
- Ability to establish guidelines, procedures and standards for database administration is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, communication and consultative skills, as well as sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staffs.
- Ability to work with MS SQL experience in a production environment.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline) or equivalent experience is required
- Master degree preferred
- Ten or more years of database administration experience is required including a minimum of five or more years designing, testing, implementing, and administering of commercial/enterprise-scale management systems databases (DynamoDB (preferred), SQL, Oracle)
- Technical training include database administration, performance and tuning, and backup and recovery is required
- Previous MS SQL experience in a production environment is preferred
Corporate Core Competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partnerstatus, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of TASC's Employees
Project Manager II
Hebba and her teammates develop and deliver important TASC projects by scheduled deadlines while adhering to strict company and client requirements and budgets.
Back to top