Business Intelligence Report Designer
The position is responsible for all aspects of data analysis and custom reporting from TASC data and telecom systems. The data analysis and reports are needed to provide business intelligence information for daily management and critical decision making. The person recommends and implements objective and comprehensive technical options for reporting solutions. They will also provide expertise and leadership incorporating complex data in to queries and reports. Will use different scripting languages and have expertise in using Excel to meet reporting needs, data manipulation, and improve current processes.
Analyze and solve computer problems, test, and implement cost effective solutions. Provide support for efficient daily operation of internal applications. Works with information systems and consults with users to identify problems and resolution. Develops and tests systems and evaluate users' needs. Use knowledge of data structure to evaluate solutions to meet the needs of the user.
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday with core hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The position will report to our Executive VP of Special Operations.
- Operate within TASC's guidelines pursuant to the Employee Handbook and all Policies and Procedures. Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisor and/or Management
- Learn TASC database structures and be a resource to people that request information/reports
- Provides reporting and internal application options with managers and users to determine needs and feasibility
- Outlines steps to develop reports using structured analysis and design
- Evaluates user requests for new or modified reports and report optimization
- Determines necessary data to be entered, processing procedures, and structures the output to achieve users' needs
- Prepares diagrams and exhibits to explain the system's capabilities to managers and users in understandable format
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents reports. Applying knowledge of data access techniques and related computer systems
- Consults with user to identify necessary operating procedures and clarify program objectives as needed
- Stays current with manuals and technical references to learn ways to develop reports that meet user requirements
- Auditing data in the user-end applications to verify report/data accuracy
- Merging data from multiple data sources
- Submits plans to managers for approval
- Analyze, reviews, and alters report code to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new user requirements
- Writes documentation to describe report development, logic, coding, and corrections
- Assists users to solve problems
- May use computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design and code generation, in each stage of report development
- Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for data access to ensure integrity of data
- May train users to use reporting programs
- May oversee installation of hardware and software
- May provide technical assistance to users
- Monitors performance of reports after implementation
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex data structures, conduct data analysis, develop reports and giving recommendations of options to improve decision making reports
- Ability to multitask projects from multiple departments
- Ability to be a Quick Learner
- Ability to document standard procedures
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a minimum of an Associate's degree from an accredited college, university, or vocational college with a degree preference in Information Technology, or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with MySQL and MS SQL database query languages
- Advanced understanding of MS Excel, MS Access, MySQL Query Browser, iReport, report writing software and information visualization software
- Advanced understanding of ODBC, ADODB, and Excel interfaces; and how to incorporate data from multiple data sources into a single report result
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of TASC's Employees
Project Manager II
Hebba and her teammates develop and deliver important TASC projects by scheduled deadlines while adhering to strict company and client requirements and budgets.
Back to top