UX Designer - Goldfish
UX Designer – Goldfish
This opportunity is in Seattle WA
Goldfish (a wholly owned subsidiary of Target) is seeking a UX Designer to join the team to help build a new franchise within Target. As a Goldfish team member, you’ll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. We are ambitious and bent on disrupting the way people shop.
As a UX Designer, you craft experiences for any channel or platform. You are a leader in the creation of business and consumer product experiences for different channels and platforms, working with product managers and engineers.
You draw on your thorough knowledge of the UX lifecycle (research, conceptualization, iterative design, research, delivery) to help lead the definition and creation of innovative solutions that address customer needs and marry them with business goals in a scalable, strategic way. You pay close attention to detail and you’re willing to iterate, refine, and polish the design to the end.
- Play a senior role in the delivery outstanding experiences and results, working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team that includes UX, visual design, and content.
- Leverage your talent for UX, visual design, and Design Thinking to contribute to holistic experiences that solve for user needs and business goals
- Play a central role testing the product or experience, helping to conduct sessions, analyze feedback, and identify needs and insights to inform or evolve the experience.
- Drive design discussions and collaborative sessions with teams and stakeholders, helping generate concepts and inspire peers and teams.
- Deliver high fidelity schematics, workflows, interaction storyboards, wireframes, visual mockups, and design deliverables that guide creative, content, and development efforts.
- Confidently present design decisions to teams and stakeholders, articulating and rationalizing needs against user insights and business goals.
- Assist in the planning and estimating of design activities, participating in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Maintain an awareness of industry, UX, and visual design trends, sharing with peers and the broader community and leveraging them within the design lifecycle
- 5+ years experience working in a dynamic UX practice
- Robust knowledge of Mobile and Desktop design constraints and nuances. Direct experience designing for both the platforms preferred.
- Experience defining and delivering multi-faceted, service driven experiences across one or many products.
- Direct experience with user research, including using insights to divine user needs and inform experience capability priorities.
- Experience creating and using archetypes, profiles, personas, scenarios, or other user centered design artifacts.
- Working knowledge of technology mediums, including a combination of Web 2.0, CSS3, HTML5, including an awareness of the relative strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Awareness of adaptive and responsive techniques (preferably hands-on)
- Understanding of the role of Standards and Patterns in the design process and ability to implement and define patterns.
- Proven ability to work hand in hand with development teams to deliver the best design solutions based on technology and timeline constraints.
- Able to operate in self-directed capacity with minimal oversight
- Strong verbal and writing skills, with the ability to communicate the value of UX to product, business, and technology leaders.
- Deep experience with broad range of UX and visual design and implementation tools (Invision, Sketch, Adobe etc.)
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top