User Experience Engineer
User Experience Engineer Apply Now Job ID SUP0007K9 Date posted 09/06/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. We are on a journey to transform our internal supply chain, an expansive network of distribution and fulfillment centers, into a world-class, high-speed, maximum throughput, omni-channel replenishment and delivery system. When ever and where ever Target Guests choose to shop, we are committed to ensuring that they will always find the products they love in-stock at Target stores or online at Target.com.
In this role, as part of the Automation Product team, the User Experience Specialist – Automation will be instrumental in the strategy and development of the user interaction models and standards for industrial material flow strategies for Target. This role is responsible for helping to develop and implement an innovative user experience that connects team members to collaborative robotics and automation system software user interfaces. This role will ensure that user experiences are designed to facilitate processes in safe, effective and productive ways. This role will create, evaluate and modify equipment software and process to support evolving user needs as well as hardware and software application development. Develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. Assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. Produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for product in development. Target is looking for an individual that is a self-starter who can work independently and provide a level of creative and innovative thinking that is essential to the supply chain design process. This position will be based in Minneapolis, Minnesota and will report to the Director of Product for the Global Supply Chain and Logistics organization.
- Degree in Graphic Design, User Experience, and/or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years interactive work experience
- Prefer candidates with previous Supply Chain experience / exposure
- Good problem solving and project management experience
- Macintosh and PC hardware and software knowledge (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Omnigraffle, Flash, Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, Acrobat)
- Experience establishing repeatable processes, frameworks, and UI standards
- Ability to seamlessly alternate between dealing with highly technical teams and non-technical business teams
- Ability to effectively lead team meetings and demonstrated presentation skills to deliver UX recommendations to project teams and senior leadership
- Experience leading an internal team and/or external vendors through complex projects
- Related work experience in web/software development, mobile apps or web apps, social media, and/or interactive marketing
- Strong skills in the following areas: organization, ability to handle multiple projects, attention to detail, professional communication, and punctuality
- Contribute to automation and material flow system strategy
- Demonstrate clear project leadership skills and accountability
- Develop, document, and evangelize user experience best practices and interaction patterns
- Actively demonstrate broad creative, strategic, and thought leadership while developing a compelling team member experience
- Contributes to initiatives to develop productive team member experiences with collaborative robotics and other automation
- Research and educate self on new technologies, trends and innovations that have the potential to impact the guest experience
- Research and educate self on new UX processes, tools and principles. Participate in the User Experience community and mentor other team members.
To learn more about this amazing opportunity, please contact [email protected]
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top