TECHNICAL COACH – Target Technology Services
Join the exciting Target Dojo team! http://target.github.io/devops/the-dojo
The Dojo team is seeking candidates with a solid coding background who enjoy working with, teaching, mentoring, and coaching others. A strong self-starting and continuous learning mindset is a must. Contributions to open source projects and/or a robust GitHub profile is a plus!
As a Technical Coach you will be working closely with teams to transform the way they work to deliver value to our customers through the use of Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles and practices. Gain great experience across a wide variety of platforms by coaching teams through their Dojo journey and beyond. Help build and implement cutting edge technologies and package them for enterprise wide consumption.
- Preferred Experience
- 5+ years application development experience, preferably using Java or similar
- 3+ years using TDD/BDD, Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices
- 2+ years RESTful API development
- Strong ability to guide/lead teams and individuals toward beneficial outcomes
- Ability to apply DevOps principles across a variety of technologies and tools
- SOLID design principles
- Microservice architecture
- Understand and articulate the value of good testing practices (TDD, CI, Test Pyramid, test automation, etc.)
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of Twelve-Factor App principles
- Code refactoring
- Use of Swagger API documentation
- Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Drone, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top