Sr Scrum Master - Digital GEM
JOIN US AS A SR. SCRUM MASTER – DIGITAL GUEST EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT (GEM)
This position will be based in Downtown Minneapolis.
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique "Expect More. Pay Less." promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile devices, and in the retail channels of the future.
You will lead scrum teams that are responsible for developing and launching new services that power Target.com experience across web, tablet, mobile, and future channels. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the eCommerce, multichannel retail, product management and software engineering fields.
As a Sr. Scrum Master, you are accountable for working with engineering and product teams to deliver capabilities that meet overall business strategy and objectives using agile methodologies. The key to the success of this position is partnering with Product Managers and coaching the engineering team to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the backlog and that Agile/Scrum processes are followed to improve team effectiveness.
As a Sr. Scrum Master, you'll take the lead as you…
- Understand key business objectives and strategy of the product, and help communicate to the team in partnership with the Product Manager
- Partner with Product Managers to manage and prioritize stories for the engineers
- Coordinate and facilitate Product Chartering, story mapping, sprint/release planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and demos
- Enable the product team to meet sprint goals by helping to removing roadblocks
- Foster and coach the team for adoption of Agile tools and practices
- Establish and track productivity and efficiency metrics
- Drive high efficiency of the scrum team by identifying, preventing and eliminating potential issues and roadblocks across partner teams and products
- Provide visibility into progress by maintaining backlog, burndown charts, velocity analysis, etc.
- Work collaboratively with infrastructure, information security and other partners
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master (or equivalent experience) working in an Agile environment managing product or program digital initiatives demonstrating effective coordination of engineering, design/UX, and marketing stakeholders
- Understanding of test-driven development and software test automation processes
- Knowledge of continuous delivery practices (Jenkins or Maven)
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and execute on a business strategy
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical approach & drive technical discussions
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and leadership skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent training
- Experience in an engineering role or hands-on software development
- Experience working in large, complex technical ecosystems with Agile tools (JIRA, VersionOne)
- Work experience in a Product environment
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top