Sr SAP Techno-Functional Engineer
Sr SAP Techno-Functional Engineer Apply Now Job ID INF000BHC Date posted 08/30/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
Senior SAP Techno-Functional Engineer
Analyzes, implements, and supports package software application products. Designs, codes and configures new modules to improve system efficiency and meet business requirements. Ensures existing software applications can be integrated into new software solutions and high system stability of package software programs once implemented. Performs these activities following TTS standards and processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs critical technical analysis and executes SAP configuration updates to support high quality, stable solutions in support of the business requirements.
- Participates in requirements gathering activities to understand business and technical requirements and infrastructure impact.
- Effectively utilizes standard enterprise tools to develop or implement technical components.
- Participates in planning and executing implementations.
- Ability to debug and understand code
- Helps to verify implementation success. Provides ongoing configuration and development support post project implementation and act as the long term support partner for delivered SAP solutions.
- Communicates status of work in progress to project team or requestor.
- Resolve most issues independently. Escalate more complex issues to the leads in team
- Follows continual improvement best practices by identifying and diagnosing improvement opportunities.
- Leads businesses and partner teams through the process of package change management and ensures that quality standards are met.
- Works with product owner and business users to resolve requirements gaps uncovered in design or within specifications or requirements.
- Prepares and keeps technical documentation current for platform, service or package technical components.
- Adheres to change and incident management standards and expectations.
- Will collaborate with and lead vendor partners and contractors.
- Stays current with capabilities of platform and other components.
- Provides key expertise in regards to the purpose of product deliverables and effective execution in an agile product model.
- Collaborates with team to promote re-use and develop consistent implementation and support processes.
- Participates in defining operational readiness requirements.
- Participates and contributes in product ceremonies and share knowledge with team members
- Executes the testing lifecycle from Unit Test through UAT and Regression to ensure effective delivery of high quality solutions in the program landscape.
- Writes test cases and report results.
- Ability to learn and adhere to Target's testing tools
- Participates in creating prototypes or proofs of concepts for package enhancements
- 5-7 years total work experience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Experience in Retail is a plus
- 4-5 years of experience in ABAP development (like WEB – DYNPRO, WEB Services, RFC, BAPI, Development workbench, Reports (Classical & Interactive), Module Pool/ Dialog Programming, Menu Painter, Screen Painter, Function Modules, SAP Scripts, Smartforms, Adobe forms, Workflow, ABAP Query, BDC, Data Dictionary, LSMW, ALE/IDoc, ALV, ABAP Objects, HR Info types, Logical Database, User Exits, Enhancements, BADIs)
- Experience with Enhancement packs and support packs (familiarity with SPAU, SPDD, OSS notes)
- Functional knowledge in MM, SRM, E-Sourcing and Ariba
- Experience with data migration and data uploads using BDC, BAPI and LSMW.
- Experienced with on-going production support activities.
- Experience in analyzing complicated business process and creating functional and technical Specifications
- Must possess interest in learning configuration and designing end-to-end solutions
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with proactive attitude and leadership qualities.
- Stays current with new technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top