Sr Java Engineer - SalesFloor Presentation Unit
Description: Join us as a Sr Engineer - Sales Floor Presentation Unit
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
The Supply Chain team at Target is building new capabilities across the enterprise to support a modernized network to support the growing business across stores, distribution centers, and .com. The Salesfloor presentation unit team is building a robust product that ensures stores are displaying proper amount of product during all times and out of stocks do not occur.
As a Sr Engineer on the Salesfloor presentation team you will be responsible for building out a new set of capabilities for the product that include core services as well as maturing, building and scaling the event driven platform and integrations with other enterprise systems. This team has a good mix of business as well as technical driven initiatives. You will be using modern technologies to solve complex problems. This role is in an area that has high impact and visibility to Target.
- Work with product team to define stories and acceptance criteria.
- Research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.
- Be part of the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
- Contribute unit, functional and performance tests to certify your work is good.
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- 6+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
- Experience building and scaling RESTful APIs and event driven platforms.
- Experience building high through put applications using non-blocking technologies.
- Experience with event driven architecture using technologies such as Kafka or similar.
- Exposure to storage technologies that support high scale and large amounts of data
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, , Drone, Git, etc.).
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.
Back to top