Sr Full-Stack Engineer - Asset Protection Team
- Minneapolis, MN
We are looking for a Full Stack software engineer to help us create the best video surveillance tools in the retail industry. Web applications that stream video pose unique problems most engineers have never dealt with before, so we're looking for someone like you who has front and back end web development experience, and who is interested in learning how to solve new problems.
Our asset protection and corporate security teams use cameras to keep our teams in stores, distribution centers, and HQ locations safe. We are building a suite of tools to help our team be more efficient in preventing safety and theft incidents by giving them data driven leads without bias. We want you to be a part of this journey .
Join our global in-house technology team of more than 4,000 of engineers, data scientists, architects, coaches and product managers striving to make Target the most convenient, safe and joyful place to shop. We use agile practices and leverage open-source software to adapt and build best-in-class technology for our team members and guests-and we do so with a focus on diversity and inclusion, experimentation and continuous learning.
TEAM AND CULTURE
Target values engineers that care about:
- A diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture
- Code as craft with a desire to solve complex engineering problems
- Automating everything
- Operational excellence with an approach to engineering that makes our guests and team members their top priority
- Triaging large scale issues with a bias to prevent them from happening in the first place
- Canary and A/B testing to push code multiple times a day during business hours
- Learning and experimenting with technologies
- High observability with robust logs and metrics
- Leveraging edge computing and elastic infrastructure
- Agile teams and team ceremonies
- Learn Target's specific tech stack
- Design, build, and maintain core backend and frontend software components, following our standard of the software engineering processes to design, develop, document, review, test, inspect, and release code
- Build instrumentation, use engineering and data insights to drive meaningful business impact by looking at problems through operational lens at scale
- Partner with cross-functional product teams to help integrate with other systems in the Assets Protection ecosystem
- Communicate progress and plans, raising critical issues with peers, manager, and product owner in a timely manner
- Execute and complete tasks on well scoped projects with minimal supervision applying your judgement and problem-solving skills
- Being resourceful to find solutions/answers in a reasonable amount of time
- Tackle increasingly complex tasks, proactively seeking out additional work when bandwidth allows
- Stay current with new technology and participate in prototyping new technologies to help assess viability and applicability to Target's business and technical environments
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top